Thursday, July 24, 2014

School Evaluation Summary

This assignment was a fresh reminder of why I am enrolled in the EDTECH program. While I believe my school district is progressive in how it is attacking technology integration and support, I believe I play an important role in improving our district use of technology. My job as a teacher is to contribute to professional development and provide educated, research-based suggestions for improvement. While my district's technology plan is solid and self-evaluated frequently, something I greatly appreciate, more specific professional development needs to be put in place to assure maximum use of the technologies that are provided. It is easy to point fingers and say that more needs to be done to make room for the purchase of technologies to create a nice 1:1 or even 1:3 ratio of devices to students. However, the reality is that our school has almost 3,000 students making it difficult to build such an environment. I do believe and trust the direction my district is going and see it as my responsibility to maximize the resources that are available. 

The knowledge gained from this assignment helps me to see the areas of weakness at my school site. With these area exposed it helps me to understand the capacity to which I am able to integrate technology and what personal research I can conduct to contribute to solving these issues. It also showed me that I need to be more proactive in assisting and helping other teachers with technology integration. Most are willing to incorporate technologies, but lack the understanding of how. Taking the knowledge gained from the EDTECH program I can contribute from the ground-level by exposing my Professional Learning Community and other colleagues to the methods, strategies and tools I am learning about. 

The survey process also provided me with insight into the in-depth details of the technology plan created by my district.  I can now proactively monitor the district and my schools site's progress for technology integration. I am extremely blessed to be in a district that takes pride in all that they do. This is reflected in the development of the technology plan which reveals the districts desire to do everything possible to create a learning environment where all students can succeed in mind, body, and spirit. 

Evaluation Summary Survey

Evaluation Summary

No comments:

Post a Comment