Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 13 and 14 Reflection

This week I partnered with a classmate to practice facilitating my lesson online. Together we were a tad confused about the expectations for the course's final assignment. After collaborating and discussing the instructions posted we concluded that for the final assignment we must create a mock environment where we demonstrate our abilities to effectively navigate our lesson. For me, this will come in the form of intervention. I intend to have a student of mine log on to Google hangouts and ask potential questions about the assignment. At that point I will demonstrate my abilities to communicate and guide a student in an online environment.

Originally, my partner and I wanted to use Yugma. However, between my Mac and her PC we struggled to get the device to work. As a result, we both decided to experiment with Google hangouts. We realized that neither of us had truly spent time learning how to navigate this communication device before. We had been exposed to Google Plus in 501, but this gave us an opportunity to share our screens and practice facilitating the engagement of our lessons. I appreciate the opportunity to practice because it exposed areas that I need to improve upon when troubleshooting and presenting a lesson to a student. It also gave me confidence in my ability to effectively teach in an online environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment